The Apple’s Eye prides itself in its long history commencing in March 1923, when our great uncle Francis Bonello started out by investing in the running of “The Army and Navy Bar” mainly catering for the British Services Garrison posted in in the Ghajn Tuffieha Barracks.
The years rolled by and what was once a small bar and restaurant serving the traditional ‘fenkati’ (rabbit dishes) to the Armed Forces rest-camps, moved on to cater for the emerging tourist market in the 1950’s. Situated in an ideal location, close to Golden Bay (previously known as ‘Military Bay’) the management of the outlet was passed on from generation to generation and expanded rapidly, becoming the area’s main dining venue. It was demolished and reconstructed in 1989 and transformed into what it is today, best known for satisfying adiversity of dining tastes.
The Apple’s Eye is a restaurant, a Wine Bar, a Cafe, a Pub and much, much more! It’s management is now into its forth generation and our enthusiasm for running such a well-established outlet has only increased with time. We’re two sisters who are proour of our dad’s and familes’ culinary influence – a tradition that we maintain to this day.
We welcome you to our tasty affair!